Thai-Style Red Curry Chicken
Serves 2 people/beings as a main course with rice or noodles.
- 3-4 Boneless skinless chicken thighs (approx 454g/1lb)
- 1 ea Can (113g) – red curry paste (preferably Maesri Thai Red Curry Paste – Sold Here
- 1ea Can (396g) – Unsweetened coconut milk (preferably Aroy-D brand) – Sold Here
- 3ea – Thai chili peppers (or 1 deseeded jalapeño) thinly sliced.
- 15g – Avocado Oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ea – Bunch Cilantro chopped
- 1 ea – Small Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 ea – Green onions thinly sliced
- 1 ea – Cucumber peeled and sliced into thin half moons.
- 50g or one small handful- crushed roasted peanuts
- 1ea – Lime cut into wedges for garnish
Heat a wide pot over medium-high heat.
Add cooking oil.
Add can of curry to hot oil and saute for 1-2 minutes.
Lay in chicken thighs and coat in the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Add in coconut milk and Thai chili peppers.
Mix together well and simmer covered for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Remove from heat and place chicken and sauce over steam rice or cooked noodles.
Top with chopped cilantro, sliced red onions, sliced green onions, cucumber half moons s and crushed peanuts.
Place lime wedges at edge of bowl for garnish.